Thursday, January 6, 2011

Thoughts On My Heart...

I have been thinking a lot about the power of words. What comes out of my mouth is either life giving or death giving. I also have been pondering the thought of claiming what is spoken over me. I only want to claim words and speak words that bring life and glory to our Father. I feel like often in life we joke and make fun thinking it is just for laughs, but in actuality it is speaking death into others without even realizing. I also think that what we joke about satan hears and knows that these jokes are really insecurities in our heart that he can tempt us with. I want to sow good fruit into my heart and into those around me that I love and care about. The lord gave us two ears and ONE mouth for lots of reasons. One being I believe that our mouth is a powerful tool that if misused can destroy. I just pray that my words will reflect honor and glory to everyone around me especially my Jesus.

I have also been thinking a lot about distractions. What is a distraction? Are distractions good or bad or both? Do I use distractions in my life to keep me from dealing with broken places in my heart? Are distractions often gifts from Jesus to keep us from overloading our hearts and minds? Can a good distraction turn into a bad one?

These are just some heavy thoughts my heart has been battling. If you have any thoughts or encouraging words I would love to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment