Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Flipping the Page...

This is the start of the next chapter of my life. I am about to graduate from college. Never thought this day would come. When I was in High school I had envisioned my life for the time that I was in college. But, after college I just do not know what to expect. So, I am living with my hands open. My life open. I know and believe that what Jeremiah says in 29:11 “For HE knows the plans He has for me,” is true. So here we go...buckle up and hold on tight because this ride is about to begin.


As I live in Palm Beach Gardens, FL interning for Nordstrom, I wonder where I am going to go next. I have a little bit of security since I am going home for five months to finish up school. But, other than that I have no idea what is ahead. It’s kind of freeing to not know. It’s also kind of scary.

Let me just say this Summer has been one heck of a summer. I have learned how to sell Men’s clothing like no ones business. I have learned how to start a grill and make a mean pizza on it. I have learned how to rollerblade in 100 degree heat. I have learned that when they say do the crocodile at a dance club you should just close your eyes. I have learned how to put together a fashion show in two weeks. I have learned how to use a mac. I have learned that it is hard to keep up with everyone when your life is on a different schedule. I have learned that my family and best friends really are God’s tangible gifts to me. I have learned that He has to be my source of strength or I won’t get very far. I have learned that my passions can not be tucked away. I have learned that my heart beats to a new beat when I think about my Summer in Pemba. I have learned that I am HIS and He is mine. I have learned that MY story alone is powerful. I have learned that this summer, although stretching and hard, has been one I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment