Sunday, July 25, 2010

Reaching Into The Chaos

So, the other day David from work turned and said to me, "remind me to tell you something later." I shook my head and continued on with what I was doing. I ended up forgetting to remind him and a couple days went by. In those days, I became very much aware of a stirring that was taking place inside of me. It was a familiar stir, but one I had not felt in quite a while. I had been pondering the season that I am in. I heard the Lord say, "I am just beginning something new inside of you, but you must allow me to have access to the depths of you. To your passions. To your dreams. To your fears. To your tears. I have to have access to all of you." I wasn't sure what to do, so I just kept on with what was in front of me. I come into work a few days later and David says to me, "I knew you weren't ready to hear what I was going to tell you and that's why you forgot to remind me. But, I feel like now is the right time." I said okay and he proceeds to tell me of a vision the Lord had given him of me. He describes that I am on the shore and the Lord is calling my name to follow Him out into the water. I begin walking deeper into the ocean when in my hand is my phone and it rings. I look at my phone and my mind starts to think of my family, my friends, my life as a 22 year old girl living in Knoxville, TN. I then turn back towards the ocean and see Jesus. He motions for me to come to Him. I look at my phone, throw it down and with the biggest smile run into the arms of my Father.

David then asks me, "what is the Lord showing you right now, is this relevant?" With tears in my eyes, in the middle of Nordstrom, I reply, "He is beginning something new within me and He wants every piece of me! I keep fighting. I keep running and hiding myself. While He is continuing to call out my name to fall into His arms, but I keep falling into the arms of the world."

WHEN WE WON'T BE STILL WITH HIM IN THE QUIET, HE DOESN'T THROW IN THE TOWEL AND GIVE UP ON US, HE COMES INTO THE CHAOS AND CALLS US INTO HIS ARMS TO STAY.

I couldn't get over the vision the Lord gave David for me. I was speechless. The Lord continues to say to me, "Your story has an irreplaceable role in what I am up too, allow me to use ALL of you."

"Well, I will walk by faith even when I can not see, Because this broken road prepares your will for me and even when I am broken I still see YOUR face and HEAR voice in my ear."

No comments:

Post a Comment