Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A Time To Dance

Did you know.. that the eagle only eats life giving food. When an eagle eats something that makes him sick, he flies to the highest rock he can find and lays spread eagle with his wings out against the surface of the rock. He stays there until the sun draws out the poison, freeing him to fly with other eagles again. An eagle has two natural enemies: storms and serpents. The eagle embraces the storm. While other birds are taking cover, the eagle is soaring. Eagles don't fight the storms of life, they wait on a rock for the right thermal current and then using that to carry them higher. The eagle saves his fights for the serpent. Especially when the serpent threatens what is dear to the eagle.

I just finished reading this amazing book. I never ever read. It's very hard for me to sit through an entire movie let alone sit down and read a book. But, I did it! As I read this book places of my heart that I had tucked deep down inside me came to the surface. Memories of the past came flooding to my memory. Good and bad. As I flipped the pages the Lord used the characters of the book to bring great revelation and deep healing to my heart. The story is about a family. A broken marriage. Broken relationships when the enemy is allowed in. Hope. A deep sadness. The power of prayer. Miracles.

It is so funny how the Lord speaks to us. I mean here I was trying to find a hobby aka reading, and my hobby turned into this powerful healing time with Jesus. The Lord keeps putting on my heart the word grace. Jesus calls us to live lives that reflect His kingdom. With that, we are called to show grace onto those around us, those that are intentionally living closely to us. We don't deserve His grace and yet HE POURS MORE AND MORE AND MORE GRACE ON US. It is so hard for us here on this earth to show grace onto those that hurt us, disappoint us, frustrate us, BUT we are called to radical things. That includes living and responding from a place of love and grace to those that are placed in our lives.

Quick story...The other night one of my best friends and I went to Olive Garden for a quick soup and salad dinner. Our waitress from the second we ordered the cheap 10.00 soup and salad acted as if we were some huge inconvenience. The entire meal, she was very annoyed with us being in her section. At first, I was like pah, I just won't tip you. But then, we decided we should pray for her and bless her even more in our tip. So, we prayed God's love over her and tipped her very well. We received our checks and we're really pumped about the little mints you get after you eat. When we go to open our little books there were no mints. So, we just figured she hated us even more and went about our night. On our way out, we asked the bar tender if he had any mints and he said no we are all out. We left the restaurant, as we walked to the car we hear behind us this man yelling "ladies! ladies!" We turned around, and the bar tender came running up to us not with two mints but with a WHOLE cup of mints. As silly as this story is, it was just such a simple picture of how God loves us specifically. He noticed how we loved and prayed for our random waitress. And He blessed us with a cup of mints.

"Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary..."

This blog is kind of all over the place, I'll go in detail with those of you that want to know more about the revelations and deep healing the Lord did as I read my book :) Let's remember eagles though. They press into the storms of life and ONLY eat life giving foods. If they do eat something poisonous they lay on a rock and let the SON draw out the poison. Also, live a life of grace! Show grace to even those that don't like you or you don't like them. Ultimately, we are living to please the Father and reflect His kingdom!! LOVE YOU ALL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment